What is Bruised Heel?
A bruised heel occurs when the heel pad is damaged and displaced due to excessive repetitive stress or a sudden impact force. This results in the fat pad compacting down and exposing the underneath soft tissue structures to damage from the stress and force.
- Plantar fasciitis
- Walking long distances wearing ill-fitting footwear
- Sudden impact from jumping down from a height of 50cm or more
- Excessive repetitive stress from sports that involve jumping or running on hard surfaces
- Pain on the bottom of the heel
- Pain is elicited when the tender area is pressed down with a finger or thumb
- Padding and strapping
- Supportive and cushioned innersoles and footwear
- Heel cushions
- Calf muscles stretches